Product Care & Expectations
Product Care Instructions
- It’s important to read the warning labels on all products. Burn and melt carefully and responsibly.
- NEVER leave the candles, melts, or warmers unattended. Keep out of reach of children, pets, fans, or drafts.
- For all candles, trim the wick to ¼" before every lighting.
- For the candle’s optimal performance, allow the melt pool to reach the edge of the glass before extinguishing; this should happen within 2-3 hours of burning.
- Do not burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Make sure the wax has completely cooled and hardened before burning or melting again.
- Do not touch or move the candle or wax warmer while burning. It will be hot.
- Always burn on a heat-resistant surface and clear the area of any flammable material.
- Stop burning the candle when ½" of wax remains. Burning to the bottom could break the glass.
- Store in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
- Visit www.SylvieAnnCompany.com to learn more about the benefit of soy wax, as well as what you can expect when using soy products.
- The Sylvie Ann Company is not responsible for the misuse of any products.
Why Soy Wax?
Our candles are made with all-natural soy wax, free from paraffin, phthalates, or anything toxins that could be harmful to you and your family. Ever wonder why your candles produce black soot or smoke? Most candles are made from paraffin wax, a byproduct of petroleum, and is typically refined to make products like gasoline, kerosene, oil, and diesel fuel. We’ll stick with soy, thank you!
What Can I Expect from Soy Wax?
Because soy is a natural product, it is not perfect. It is entirely normal for soy candles to not be smooth after cooling. It is also normal for soy wax to display frosting. Frosting is a white, chalky coating that will happen with all soy wax over time. It does not affect the way the candle will burn or smell. While a soy candle will still produce a robust hot throw (strength of fragrance while burning), it will not have an overwhelming hot throw that some paraffin candles may have.
The wax is all-natural; what about the fragrance oil and wicks?
Sylvie Ann candles and wax melts are made with fragrance oils that are 100% phthalate-free and adhere to the strict RIFM (Research Institute for Fragrance Materials) standards regarding fragrance safety. Not only are the fragrance oils phthalate-free, but they are also free from carcinogens, toxins, and other hazardous chemicals commonly found in other fragrance oils.
Also, we use all-natural, ring-spun cotton wicks. They do not contain zinc, lead, or any other metals.